Tuesday 21 August 2012

Take a Message to Mary – The Everly Brothers Lyrics

Take a Message to Mary – The Everly Brothers Lyrics

            These are the words of a frontier Lad
Who lost his love
When he turned bad...

            Take a message to Mary
But don’t tell her where I am
Take a message to Mary
But don’t say am in a jam
You can tell her I have to see the world
Or tell her that my ship set sail
You can say she better not wait for me
But, don’t tell her am in jail
O! Don’t tell her am in jail
  
                                   Take a message to Mary
But don’t tell her what I’ve done
Please don’t mention the stage coach
And the shot from a careless gun
You can tell her I have to change my plan
And cancel out the wedding day
But, please don’t mention my lonely cell
Where I’m gonna pine away
Until my dying day

            Take a message to Mary
But, don’t tell her all you know
My heart’s achin’ for Mary
Lord knows I miss her so
Just tell her I went to Timbuktu
Tell her am searching for gold
You can say she better find someone new
To cherish and to hold
O! Lord this cell is cold
Ma-a- a-a-a-ary, Ma-a-a-a-a-ary
O! Lord this cell is cold

1 comment: