Wednesday 11 April 2012

SWEET DECEMBER

Oh! Sweet December
As a child I knew you to be wonderful, yet! you are
When I reminisce, I smile, yes! I laugh
The joy on all faces
The joy you bring me
The Christmas trees
Those old times you brought by
I don’t want to drift away from-never!
Some kind of unexplainable feelings you carry with you
You’ve always dropped them at my door step where you know I’ll find

Sweet December
You are here again
Did you bring all you vowed last year?
I kept counting every month like I was counting eleven centuries
Like a Lad waiting for his faithful Lass to cross over the broom stick
Like a mother waiting for her unborn child
Like a brave warrior waiting for the sound of the battle drum
So I waited patiently

Sweet December
They count the yields of the year
They travel far and wide
They wine and dine with dances and fancies
The peace, the unity, the harmony
What special season
Though mine are explicit
The things I find
These are the gifts of December

Sweet December
Your intense adrenaline,
The chemistry you cause
Two hearts entwined
Product of this sweet month I am
Yet! What will I tell August?
How can I be biased?
A seed planted in winter
Blossomed in summer

Sweet December
You are here again with your tender touch
Am afraid to think you’ll take your journey again
I wish you’d stay and be everyday in my life
I wish to wake up and feel everyday is you
You have to go so I can grow
Yes! I know
You have to move and pull me forward
This is the path I have to tread
Glad you’ve seen me better than last time
Welcome! Now
Goodbye! When you’ll leave again
My sweet December

                                                                                                                             Moses Kogis

No comments:

Post a Comment