Monday 10 September 2012

The Snake, Chameleon and the Camel:

     
    Once upon a time: There lived a man called Mezuzah that had a wonderful son named Ed.
Ed. was all Mezuzah had as in children. When he was about to die, he sent for his son
Now, Ed. was at the farm working while the father sent, but before he could arrive, the father died.
     Ed. was so grieved because the father had three things to tell him, and he couldn’t get to hear them. So he wondered back into the forest. While on his way, he met Mr. Snake.

    Mr. Snake had never seen him like that. So he asked: “What is wrong that you look so sad like this Ed.?” He answered and said: “My father sent for me, but before I could reach home he died, and he’d always told me that before he die, there are three things he was going to tell me. Now that he is dead and I don’t know these things I cannot rest.” Mr. Snake laughed, and said: “I know one of those three things he was going to tell you. Hear now; do you see how beautiful I am, how my skin glitters? Everybody would desire to touch and even cuddle me. But because of my mouth, no one will dear touch me, and thus avoid me or kill me. Your father meant to tell you about me.”

       Ed. thanked him and proceeded. Yet! Unsatisfied because of the two he knows not. As he pondered and walked, he met Mr. Chameleon.
Mr. Chameleon quickly noticed his mood too! Because they are not used to seeing Ed. like that, he asked the same questions and Ed. repeated all he told Mr. Snake. Mr. Chameleon now said: “I   know one of the things your father meant to tell you. You see; I am slow, my feet looks feeble, but I know where to place them as I walk, no matter how far I always get there unexhausted. When am around, you may not even notice because I take the color of my environment, and nobody seem to notice me, then I don’t get in anybody’s ways.”

      He thanked Mr. Chameleon and proceeded. Yet! Unsatisfied because of the last he knows not. As he pondered and walked, he met Mr. Camel.
Mr. Camel hailed him and they exchanged pleasantries. He went further and enquired why Ed. was gloomy. Ed. repeated all he told Mr. Snake and Chameleon. Mr. Camel looked at Ed. and smiled, and said: “I know one of the things your father meant to tell you. Do you see how tall I am? But even a child can take hold of my leash and I’d follow anywhere he cared to lead me. I really don’t fight it. I just follow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment